Avoiding Fraud and Scams
- Arm Yourself Against Fraud
Your best weapon against fraud, scams, and identity theft is knowing what to look out for
- Identity Theft
Identity theft happens to millions of people each year, no matter how high or low their checking account balance.
- Bewareâ€”Some Payday Loans Are Scams!
Learn about particular payday loan scams so you don’t become a victim.
- Why â€śGet-Rich-Quickâ€ť Is Only Ever a Scheme or a Daydream
From the gold rush to the lottery and gambling, the chance at easy money and get-rich-quick opportunities have driven people to extreme lengths, but those dreams almost never pan out.
- How to Spot a Pyramid Scheme a Mile Away
These pyramids don’t have any of the staying power the Ancient Egyptian ones do.
- Protect Yourself from Credit Card Fraud
It seems like credit card fraud is everywhere these days. The good news is that there are some simple things you can do to make you less vulnerable.